The 2003 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers provides research results on the experiences home buyers and sellers had when purchasing or selling their home. The majority of the respondents used a REALTOR® (a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®). Here’s what they had to say:
- Sixty-two percent of sellers reported that an agent’s reputation was the most important factor in their selection process.
- More than four out of five homeowners sold their previous home with the assistance of a real estate agent.
- The top three home seller expectations of real estate agents are: 1) find a buyer for my home (27%); 2) sell my home within a specific timeframe (27%); 3) properly price my home (25%).
- Seventy percent of respondents would use the same listing agent for their next home sale.
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
Source: (National Association of Realtors)